The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: TDKR Oscar Chances? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
That doesn't surprise me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
TDKR should be nominated for the technical awards. Catwoman has a slight chance of a nom, but she'll probably get that for Les Mis.

Actual wins are probably not in the cards, given the competition.

And I have to lol at the notion that the NolanBat movies are "realistic". Or that Nolan is in general a "realistic", verite-style director. He isnt.
I agree. They may use real world ideas as inspiration, but the execution of them is not realistic. Especially in TDKR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CConn View Post
All he did the entire movie was manipulate Bruce to do what he wanted. It was painfully obvious.
I never saw that. How did he manipulate him to do what he wanted all through the movie? Especially considering Ra's vanished for most of the movie after the training segments were over. By the time he resurfaced we were into the climax of the movie.

Bruce went to him looking for training and guidance. When Ra's tried to coerce Bruce into something he didn't want to do, namely murdering someone, he rebelled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
The only 'vision' I had for Rises was that it needed to justify bringing back the LoS and introducing Talia. It didn't. The great irony is there are so many directions presented witin the film itself as to where Nolan could have taken things but resorted to rehashing plot points from film one, and in doing so effectively told people like me that how they viewed film one is wrong.
Exactly.

- The Joker