View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 09:40 PM   #165
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Nope. And honestly I hesitate to start, at least not until after the films as a series are done. I've observed over the years with already established fandoms like this one that oftentimes those established book/comic fans appear to have a great deal of difficulty just letting go of preconceived notions and sitting down and enjoying the movies for what they are. Some can I am sure but at least some (usually the most vocal) seem unable to enjoy the film versions fully because they are too upset that such and such wasnt represented the way they see them, or a character they like isn't there at all, or they didnt tell the story exactly the way they read it the first time. So they think and often say on the internet that it sucks and I hate this character and I hate that about the films and get snarky or testy with anyone who appears to be enjoying those aspects of the films that they are mad about. It is sad, but I've seen and to a much lesser extent been in that type of frame of mind before enough and I don't particularly want to end up once again feeling that way going into theaters or coming on the internet to chat. Like I said, maybe after the series are done, and the hype has died down, it will be a good way to extend enjoyment of the characters. But I've always been more of a film buff in any case.
...you are referring to me and my comments on loki :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Just to try and get back to the subject of the thread, since it's now a bit hijacked (sorry). I'll ask what I asked in the another character thread. What do you want to see for Thor in Thor 2?

Definitely want another flashback with Thor and Loki as Teens/kids, showing their relationship growing up.

Would love to see or at least hear how he won Mjolnir in the first place. How old was he, and after what great triumph was he presented with it.

More on his relationship with Odin now after the events of Thor and Avengers. Plus I want to find out why he has not now been given Asgard, (if that's the case) now that he seems to have proven himself worthy.

Sif/Thor - 'nuff said.

that's all for now for me, anybody else?

Edit: and thank you for your thoughts American Maid, I will take them into consideration.
"have at thee"

or a mcu modification

"have at you"

and a flashback of atleast 400 years ago of Thor in battle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Exactly, I'd prefer that being left out of the films and if he just HAS to do it I'd wait until Avengers 3.

yup, if it has to happen, in a later avengers movie. Let it stay to thor for now, let it actually become more of a part of him