Originally Posted by DigificWriter
@Angamb: Disbanding the X-Men is not a' cheap' decision; it's a very plausible one given the way that TLS ends, and here's why:
* Angel is never said to be an actual member of the X-Men team, and, indeed, the last time we see him in TLS, he's in California flying over the repaired Golden Gate Bridge
* It is plausible and possible that Beast could have requested that he be allowed to have some type of presence at the mansion/school and play a continued role in the X-Men team in addition to his responsibilities as the mutant ambassador to the U.N., but there's no telling how long such a situation would ultimately last
* A given character's presence at the mansion/school and their membership in the X-Men are not part-and-parcel with each other. Even if Rogue stuck around at the mansion as a teacher, the fact that she chose to give up her mutant powers and become a human would disqualify her from active membership in the X-Men
* Wolverine might've chosen to remain at the mansion/school as a teacher, but, given the transient nature of his character and the possibility of his arc in The Wolverine centering significantly on his lingering feelings for Jean, it is not only plausible, but also likely that he'd eventually take off again
* It is likely, given Storm's character, that she'd try to balance membership in the X-Men with her new responsibilities as Headmistress of the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters, but, as with Beast's status, there's no telling how long she'd be able to maintain that balance
On top of all that, The Last Stand's ending suggested a period of peace and happy co-existence had begun. Storm welcomed a whole load of new kids to the school, Beast became a worldwide ambassador, Magneto was no longer a threat, most of Magneto's army were dead, cured or disintegrated.
So the need for the X-Men to exist as a peacekeeping force was more or less removed.
Batman v Superman 6/10, Captain America: Civil War 7.5/10, Deadpool 8/10, X-Men: Apocalypse 8/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10