View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 09:58 AM   #39
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
this is a reply to both x-maniac and DigificWriter:

I understand most of your points, definetly. And of course any writer could go in one direction or another.

But I suggest one question:

In the case XO: wolverine and first class never existed, and Fox would have decided to do X4 on 2009 and X5 this year: Do you think the x-men would be disbanded?

and another one, even if X3 ended with a pacific situation, do you think there wouldnt be anymore threats for mutants or the x-men, even if they could have disbanded around '2010' or something?
At the time they made X3, they intended to end the story (hence The Last Stand being the title) and develop spin-offs instead. X3 was intended to wrap up the series, except for origin films and spin-offs.

But if they had decided on an X4/X5, they could easily have moved forwards with some new team members (as happens at the end of the novelisation) and bring in new villains and threats.

Like you say, it could go any direction they wanted. So disbanding can make as much sense as NOT disbanding, because the films left enough doors open to carry on if they wanted.

Chat to me on Twitter @ TheGeekFiles