View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #49
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

Default Re: Rate the first Iron Man 3 trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
I thought it was "okay".

I'm not big on the music in the trailer, or at least when the suits start blowing up. (this is the same who did the music for The Expendables and the Fast n Furious movies btw).
While you are correct that Brian Tyler is doing the music for this movie, the music you heard in the trailer was done by another company, not by him.

Quote:
Stark's dialogue seems forced. I'm not sure if it's the dialogue itself or the way it's being spoken. Perhaps it doesn't feel earned. It's a lot of 'sad talk' without outlining what the actual emotional issue at hand is.
To be fair, there's no context for the dialogue, and it's obviously spliced together, so it gives the wrong impression. It will all probably sound a lot better in the proper context.

Quote:
The Mandarin's dialogue didn't do anything for me. His accent was interesting though.
Again, it will probably sound better in the right context.

Quote:
Visual effects were very intricate but lacked impact (except for the shot of Iron Man getting crushed, which was awesomely framed). The shots of his home crumbling into the ocean remind me of 2012.
Well, the effects are obviously not even finished (the movie doesn't come out for another six months), so there's more room to improve details and give it the polish it needs.

Hell, I remember the Superbowl spot released in February 2008 for Iron Man having a shot where the effects were obviously incomplete, with Iron Man shooting a small missile at a tank. That was only three months before the final film was supposed to be released! And look how incredible and detailed the finished product looked compared to that incomplete shot. They're both like night and day.

Superbowl Spot (@ 0:22)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMN_Xvk3spA
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Film Version (@ 1:30)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o2ACEr9NmQ
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

It's probably a little premature to judge the VFX at this point in time, because they will obviously look a hell of a lot better once the film is released. I think they already look pretty great, so I can only imagine how amazing the completed VFX will look.

A teaser's trailer is supposed to do two things: 1) To give you an idea of what the film will be about without giving away specific plot points and 2) to give you the general tone of the film. And in my humble opinion, this teaser delivered that in spades.

5-.-2-.-14

TheWiseGuy487 is offline   Reply With Quote