View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 11:33 PM   #23
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Default Re: MCU Phase 2 Box Office/Budget Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
I said he benefited the most from Avengers, not that he was the most popular character in the film, even though that's debatable.

Your logic is reversed, in essence the more successful the character's solo movie was, the less of a boost their sequel will get from The Avengers. More people BECAME fans of Captain America IN The Avengers than any of the other heroes because more people were already fans of those other characters beforehand from their solo movies. So basically, Captain America benefited the most from Avengers, then Thor, then Iron Man. If Hulk were getting a sequel then he'd definitely be the one who benefited the most. I hope that explained what I meant.

Co-sign....Iron Man may have reached his saturation point as a solo franchise already. Cap and Thor have plenty of room for growth.

This might be personal bias, but I think Captain America has the most room to grow based not only on having a lower solo performance, but also based on pre-film popularity. Up until the Marvel Cinematic Universe started in 2008, Cap was substantially more famous than Iron Man and Thor.

There's something about Captain America that appealed to people for generations, and I think once they find the right combination to unlock that popularity on film, Cap will be a domestic box office juggernaut.

Last edited by KangConquers; 10-27-2012 at 11:41 PM.
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote