View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 04:21 PM   #142
Brother Jack
Onion Knight

Default Re: Batman Begins is the greatest Batman Film to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nave 'Torment' View Post
This entiretrilogy is the best Batman films to me, and I certainly admit that I grew up a lot watching these, following these films, and some of the narrative-beats have come to really shape some strong opinions I've come to hold. I know it may sound silly since it is, after all, just a movie, but you know how some films can really make you connect right? Well, these films worked like that for me. And especially Batman Begins since it's so much a part of Bruce's origin and how he starts off - it's that point where you know this is what changes you. I saw this when I was 15, and I don't think I've ever stopped seeing it since.

It did what many good books have done, what some of those original graphic novels did as well. It raised questions. You never expect that from a superhero movie.
For me this movie's biggest accomplishment, and maybe the trilogy's as a whole, is that it truly humanized Bruce Wayne and the characters around him. He was a man you could believe and invest in in the world he inhabited. A flawed but deeply heroic man.

For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning.
Brother Jack is offline   Reply With Quote