View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #29
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - Part 141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
Y'know Kevin Smith pointed out that if comic book Batman had been in TDKR he would have grabbed Talia's hand as she was thrusting her knife, then revealed that he knew who she was all along and was just playing her to get to Bane/the bomb.

I know comic book Batman and Nolan Batman are different beasts, but I'd love to have seen a Sherlock Holmes moment out of our hero. As it stands, Batman gets taken out WAY too easily by Talia and Bane.
Seriously, he's ready to die before Catwoman bursts in. Because he got stabbed once. I understand it probably hurt more than most of us could even comprehend, but this is BATMAN we're talking about.
What happened to fighting longer than possible?
I think that Batman would have countered Bane even if Catwoman had not showed up, even Bane was afraid to keep Batman alive at that point, it was just that Batman did not move as he was still coping up with painful knife injury and needed some time to come up with his next move, that was the reason why Bane decided to just shoot him with a gun, so that he would not get any time to make his next move.

Also, it is Nolan as a director who is prolonging a scene where Batman is suddenly incapacitated to inject some suspense.

*\S/T*

I'll be back !