View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 06:27 AM   #34
The Knight

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - Part 141

This is in reference to WHY DIDN'T BATMAN TAKE THE MILITARY'S HELP AT THE END of THE DARK KNIGHT RISES?

I have already said this before that in my opinion Batman's open declaration of his return with that burning bat signal was very risky as it could have prompted Bane to detonate the bomb fearing Batman's intervention and failure of his plan. What I propose( from Batman's perspective) is that the Batman contacts the military and tells them about the situation(someone had earlier posted that the military already knew the situation but by situation here I mean the intel that the bomb is a time bomb). I see no point why the military( or rather the government won't help as it is Bruce Wayne who's talking. He obviously is legitimate even if Batman is considered a "nut case". The next part of the plan requires Batman to locate and jam the bomb. He then signals the military to take the truck with the bomb into their control(I am sure a couple of stealth helicopters will do this pretty easily). Now with the bomb out of the picture, the military can lead an attack on Bane's army. Bane and his men will be caught off guard and there won't be risk of a premature detonation by Bane.There is nothing very different in this plan than the shown in the movie except for the fact that here Bane's action(of not blowing the bomb) is not taken for granted.
Note: Talia's treachery is not considered as it wasn't considered when Batman made his plan.

Last edited by The Knight; 10-30-2012 at 06:35 AM.