View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 04:59 PM   #45
BareYourTeeth
Side-Kick

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - Part 141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserana View Post
Yet whenever I watch it I sit back and relax and my worries go out the window. It is only when I look back retrospectively that I notice these issues. I still think this is a wonderful conclusion, I still think its ridiculously entertaining, still think it should have been a two parter and still think it shouldn't have been as big in scale as it was as it was very jarring after TDK.
Absolutely, that's something that I've realized over the past couple of days and I don't know why it took me so long to figure out or why Nolan/Warner didn't. We could've seen Bane's cut out prison scene (though, wouldn't that of given away the ending being a child made the climb?), Bruce visiting his parent's grave, Bruce in the prison longer, Bane's reign over Gotham, more Selina and other characters, etc.

I'm not sure of where the cut off should be though; Bruce being thrown in prison at end of the first move or end it with him making the climb out and heading back to Gotham.

I think I personally would've preferred the former with Bruce waking up (from a nightmare preferably) in prison as the opening for Part 2 to mirror the opening scene of Batman Begins.

Thoughts?

Last edited by BareYourTeeth; 10-30-2012 at 05:42 PM.