View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 10:33 PM   #43
JP
Smelly

Default Re: Matthew Vaughn Is NOT Helming X-Men: First Class Sequel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
To not develop Cyclops (the key and ORIGINAL X-Man) at the expense of fleshing out Logan as the "main man" misses the point of the entire X-Men mythos, don't you agree? How can you say he "handled them all very well" when his entire foundation was paved incorrectly from jump? He created a dynamic that eventually led to the demise of two of the three characters. Even without Ratner's X3, there was nowhere for movie Scott/Jean's relationship to go but down really.

And don't even get me started on Storm. LOL He made one of Marvel's greatest--and best known--heroines a friggin 12-year long laughingstock.

There are 4 "core" X-Men in my opinion (Cyclops, Jean, Storm and Logan). These are all top-tier Marvel characters--even outside the X-Men ensemble. He got 1 out of 4 right. That's failure to me, Project862006. Do you see what I'm saying?

But that's the past. Believe me, I'm actually over it. I'm only bringing this up now because Bryan's involved again and I am concerned how it will determine the future.
He's been involved for the last 2-3 years.

JP is online now   Reply With Quote