View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 07:09 AM   #59
NanaT
X-Men United!

Default Re: Matthew Vaughn Is NOT Helming X-Men: First Class Sequel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
Seriously, do not get the love for this guy, especially after what Henry Jackman did for FC. It would be nice to keep Jackman in, if only for continuity's sake. He developed some clear character themes (Raven's and Magneto's especially) that would be remiss not to include in the sequel. Not to mention the fact that the majority of the score is bloody fantastic (Cerebro, Frankenstein's Monster Rage & Serenity, Mutant & Proud, Pain & Anger, Not that Sort of Bank, Sub Lift, To Beast or Not to Beast, X-Training). The Magneto theme is so iconic that when I watch the old trilogy I actually miss it every time Erik shows up. And I'd love to see how Jackman would transform Raven's sweet, optimistic theme into something darker and colder. Hints of the Rage and Serenity or Mutant and Proud theme every time Mags and Xavier or Xavier and Mystique have to face off would pretty much break my heart on the spot.

I can't remember any of the X2 themes at all, every time I look them up on Youtube I forget them pretty much instantly (including the main theme). It's not even the best score of the original TRILOGY (that award goes to John Powell for X3, but really only for his Dark Phoenix melodies). It's just standard superhero-movie-music.
Apart from the magneto theme all the other music in First Class is forgettable. I wouldn't notice if they changed the Raven/mystique theme it wasn't that memorable. As for X2 I remember the main theme, and the Magneto theme, and the nightcrawler themes. They are really good pieces of music. I'd love John Ottman to come back. However I too would miss the Magneto theme from FC

NanaT is offline   Reply With Quote