View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 06:06 PM   #4
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Default Re: Superman Requiem -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Know One View Post
Hi BH/HHH,

Glad I had a comment on this - any comment is a good comment.
Would you believe I'm not FB? I swear - although it might change in the future.
If the guy who made this is a douche and wouldn't accept criticism - it doesn't show in the movie. But...I will agree it's not a good thing. "Critics show us the error of our ways" or something like that said by Ben Franklin and repeated in one of the Smallville shows.
The movie (is it a movie - it's a fan movie with no budget or so) departs from (probably) too many traditional stuff. But they have a wink to almost all characters (except Jimmy maybe - if memory serves). The credits in space, the music - it's all innocent fun.
I think the "boring" stuff would stem from the fact that they don't have money to afford much. For example, if Kal-El still have super-speed, why doesn't he use it in the parking lot to fight the 3-5 thugs? And there are a few plot holes - at the end - Lex jr knows who Superman is...although...it would also be the case with a ton of people in Smallville.
Like I said, if they'd put some muscle padding in the suit and with more money had more super-heroics - it might have come up as a something nice.
The creators should have done something different with their money, the thing s I know it's hard to make a fan film interesting but that's why the best ones have been short. It's hard to take fan films seriously.

#TEAM SNYDER

You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote