View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 08:20 PM   #6
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Default Re: Superman Requiem -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Know One View Post
I will agree that if they'd made the film shorter they could have invested the money (because time = money) into more credible or more iconic stuff. For example saving the kid from the river was not very moving - as compared to Reeve saving the kid at Niagara Falls. But I am comparing oranges to tomatoes because of budget constraints.
I guess we could say they were over-ambitious? Maybe they lacked funding at some point (then we could compare to SIV - lol).
I will say this though, I'm more happy that they have done this movie than if they hadn't done it.
Pls write back - it's very interesting to read your thoughts - promise - no sarcasm.

Know One.
Yeah of course it's apples and oranges but I dont think there's ever an excuse for bad writing. I just thought there whole general idea was a bad one, it tried so hard to be like the Donnerverse and it failed miserably. It's really unfortunate but Superman is so hard to do without money, I think they'd have been better off just making a film about something else or a hero with less powers cause depose ring Superman was a really bad plot point, and it'd already been done in the Donnerverse with SII.

#TEAM SNYDER

You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.
BH/HHH is online now   Reply With Quote