View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 01:30 PM   #13
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

Default Re: Heroic Archetypes - Batman Begins

Thanks for reading guys! And the encouragement as well! I'll be working on The Dark Knight and then Rises as soon as I get to, most of the material for TDK is a lot more closer to the popular myths than these obscure rituals/ideas, and as for rises, I think thematically it does go back to Begins and then ahead of it. One of the things I love about the trilogy is that it works on so many levels that you just can't help but develop your personal interpretations about them, I guess that's expected from a Chris Nolan film, but the fact that this is a Batman trilogy and the fact that it's so much about this one truly human superhero just makes it all the more better for me.

In fact, I admit that most of my personal opinions about heroism has some close ties with this trilogy. Y'know those movies that just stay with you and you can really connect with? Well, this one was that for me

But... holy **** someone got threatened for disliking TDKR?

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)

Nave 'Torment' is offline   Reply With Quote