View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 06:03 PM   #662
Matt Mortem
Mr. Tusk

Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Belyakov View Post
I dissagree.

I've brought this up before, BLACK SWAN grossed $107 Million during Awards season with no 3D, a $10 Million budget and an R-rating (for explicit sex, violence and themes).

If a movie is great, people will watch it. Neutering the movie to cater to broader demographics doesn't help it but rather harms it.

That's what happened to Origins. FOX thought they should aim it at kids. Look what happened.

$150 Million budget. $180 Million Domestic.

People went to watch the animal. The weapon. $85 million worth of people that were misled during opening weekend. Hence the poor legs the film had afterwards.

You make a Wolverine movie that isn't watered down & people will storm the theaters.
I don't understand what the point of this argument is. You are demanding the studio make an R rated Wolverine, which will never ever ever ever ever ever happen. The character is too loved and idolized by too many children and young adults. An R rated Wolverine film means it's less accessible to the under 17 demographic. The entire point to my argument is it's business. Fox is running a business. They want to target as wide a demographic as humanly possible, and that's what they're doing. I've seen plenty of PG-13 movies that weren't watered down R rated films. There's plenty for a filmmaker to work with within the confines of a PG-13 rating.