View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 11:28 PM   #174
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
If Thor goes into a large battle, I don't see why he doesn't try to wipe out a good majority of the opposing force with a large lightning strike and/or shock wave (like on Jotunheim) to end it quick and somewhat easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
If his soldiers and comrades are in the midst of the battle then I don't see him doing it since he'd end up killing his own forces from using such attacks.

It kind of Sucks that a lot of the things that Thor could do are only things that he'd be able to do if he were in a area from civilization since a lot of his attacks can give out huge collateral damage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Well, if he's smart, he would make sure to open with such a move before his comrades have closed for combat. However, that is dependent both on his own cool-headedness, and circumstances of the battle. I would not be shocked if, amongst the more canny and experienced races, standard battlefield tactics includes "rapidly close with the enemy" *specifically* to prevent crap like that from being done ( I doubt Thor is the only guy running around the Nine Worlds with area nukes ).
I still think Thor is going to pull out more huge area attacks in Thor 2, he might yell "clear the area" or something right before he unleashes it.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote