View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 04:58 PM   #67
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Default Re: The (potential) Masters of Evil thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
You're way too good at that. I hope you're writing something somewhere. But I don't think there are 5-6 villains who would sign up for "Masters of Evil" without it being a stretch. Perhaps he bills it as the Masters, and only in the end does Zemo's full madness come out in front of his peers he slides in that dialogue in reply to some point. "Masters of Evil, of course..."
Again, it's all about how you play it. Like, The Abomination from The Incredible Hulk, I could see that guy joining up with the MoE for a chance to wreck ****. All Zemo would need to do is collect the right number of (and please excuse me for quoting the Harry Potter books for a second) "the weak seeking protection, the ambitious seeking some shared glory, and the thuggish gravitating toward a leader who could show them more refined forms of cruelty."

Like, that's how real life cults and terrorist organizations start. Jim Jones and Charles Manson spouted off nonsense that made them sound like lunatics, but to the right people it sounds like gospel. And super villains, who by their very nature are socially deviant and exist outside of social norms, would be pretty good targets for that kind of sales pitch.

Last edited by The Question; 11-03-2012 at 05:15 PM.
The Question is offline   Reply With Quote