View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #69
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Default Re: The (potential) Masters of Evil thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
I'd drop Hammer, and make Thanos the Nick Fury. Have him assemble this group at the promise of great power, in hopes of distracting the Avengers from his plan to gain the Infinity Gauntlet.
I like that, that's cleaner. I still see Hammer around, either in his own suit or controlling some drones. It also helps with the outnumbering problem a smaller Masters of Evil would have, especially with the Avengers adding 1 or 2 to their roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
Again, it's all about how you play it. Like, The Abomination from The Incredible Hulk, I could see that guy joining up with the MoE for a chance to wreck ****. All Zemo would need to do is collect the right number of (and please excuse me for quoting the Harry Potter books for a second) "the weak seeking protection, the ambitious seeking some shared glory, and the thuggish gravitating toward a leader who could show them more refined forms of cruelty."

Like, that's how real life cults and terrorist organizations start. Jim Jones and Charles Manson spouted off nonsense that made them sound like lunatics, but to the right people it sounds like gospel. And super villains, who by their very nature are socially deviant and exist outside of social norms, would be pretty good targets for that kind of sales pitch.
Hmmm... individual pitch moments could be interesting, and it could also show the brilliance of Thanos/Red Skull in getting the right order of people. Abomination and Kurse would probably go for 'Evil' pretty quickly, being they are of the aformentioned thuggish variety, while Crossbones and especially Radioactive Man are in it for other reasons.

On Red Skull

While I like Zemo and respect the comics, the plain fact is that if the Cube does open 'on the other end' then Red Skull went straight to Thanos 50 years ago. He's Thanos' foremost resource and most accessible agent for manipulating humanity. It only makes sense he'd send Skull. There's really no better plot point for Red Skull to come back on.

I just hope they can get Hugo Weaving to get over himself, give him something to chew on, some nefarious twisted 'gospel' to preach and let him do it up.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote