View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 02:09 AM   #182
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
As much as Thor wants to be Earth's protector and champion, he can hardly hope to prevent humanity from engaging in conflict and war without resorting to the sort of dictatorial rule Loki attempted. Nor, truly, would Thor want to force humans to behave as he wished. His goal is to protect the Earth from massive threats it cannot withstand, such as Loki's own army invading from space. That was Thor's point when he said, "Then you miss the truth of ruling, brother. Throne would suit you ill." Thor is a protector, not a dictator, something Loki cannot understand.
And I agree with that; I just meant that it wouldn't hurt for Earth to have Thor on it more often since I'm sure there would be Earth Based disasters or events that could use Thor's abilities to help prevent it without Thor crossing a line of becoming a dictator like being.

I mean case in point, if Odin had known about how much trouble the Cube was back on Earth during Steve Rogers time in the 40's, where people like Hydra were using it to start wars and such, then shouldn't it have been Odin's responsibility to retrieve the cube back then in order to avoid further bloodshed?

So I'm just getting that without overdoing it, Thor could be on Earth more often instead of just only appearing when the big bad things happen from outside of it.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote