View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 07:34 AM   #281
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!

Default Re: Casting the DC Universe - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsheep View Post
There is one HUGE flaw in these castings. All the actors tend to look like Normal humans in the comics.
I'll take acting over biceps anyday!

Quote:
The women also look athletic & sexy no one would believe Olive Oil as Supergirl or Wonder Woman This is why the NBC pilot FAILED Palicki simply did NOT fill out the costume properly.
Ummm no! That failed because it was the most gawd awful thing ever made and it turned Wonder Woman into a ruthless vigilante killer.

Quote:
Remember folks they need to look like the character from the TOES up not just the NECK up.
Depends on which character you're talking about and what the costume design is. They can make realistic muscle suits that allow for fluid movement as long as they aren't trying to make the actor look too much bigger than he realy is. I'll still take acting over build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
too bad there isn't a way that people can bigger, like weightlifting or working out in general, because then alot of these choices would work, am i right?
Of course the flip side of this argument is that it takes years to build up any significant size with out roids. Most actors would age themselves out of the role before they could build themselves into it. Geting into shape and looking more cut is one thing, putting on some size over sevral months is possible but if they have to far to go it won't happen.