View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 11:52 PM   #62
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Default Re: Now that Disney has acquired Lucas films...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
I don't know that might have been the assumption but it would have made the news had marvel officially gotten the rights to dd back.

There are so many loopholes in these agreements that's it possible fox found another way to hold on.
There was a major discussion about it when DD's rights were about to expire, in DD's forum and some other. Basically, like SoNicRaDiATioN said the rights expired on Oct. 10th, and some insider revealed that Marvel had tried to negotiate to obtain the rights for both Silver Surfer and Galactus in exchange for letting Fox extending the deadline of the DD rights, which Fox had refused, so it is assumed that Marvel has gotten the rights back once the deadline passed.

I'm not sure why there isn't a huge news announcement about it, but it seems like when it comes to deals like this, they like to keep it discreet and secretive, that's why there's still some rampant speculations about the longetivity of those rights Marvel sold to studios like Sony and Fox.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote