View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 12:49 PM   #86
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Default Re: The (potential) Masters of Evil thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
No, the Avengers don't exist because of Thanos. They exist because Fury needed a group to face threats that SHIELD couldn't....his own words. And specifically, they were called together to face Loki, *not* Thanos. Nobody in the Avengers even knows Thanos exists at this point.

And no, as The Question said, there's no evidence whatsoever that Thanos is a "trilogy-wide villain," nor any evidence whatsoever that there's a trilogy at all, despite your insistence to the contrary. As soon as you find actual proof that Feige has declared the same limited vision and scope for this franchise that you espouse, feel free to say "I toldja so." Otherwise, you need to just accept the fact that you're just making assumptions and astounding jumps to conclusions.
... didn't Thanos send Loki? So how is Thanos not the problem? And how was Thanos/Loki not the threat that the Avengers were put together to face?

And while I enjoy your rants, the burden of proof is on you. Since you don't have a quote where Feige says Thanos' story is going to end in Avengers 2, perhaps there are some things you need to accept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
I don't believe in the trilogy theory. Yeah, George Lucas did it, but that doesn't mean Marvel has to.
I don't think Marvel has to either, I think that's what they're doing. I think it's proven successful for others and will for them as well. I think that's why most actors are given Six-Movie deals, so they can be included in a solo trilogy and an Avengers trilogy. Even Sam Jackson started with a 9 movie deal. I don't think Marvel has been making movie deals in 3s arbitrarily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Not even if they're both owned by the same company now...?

But yeah, the big difference is that with a trilogy, that concept is set up from the very beginning. SW was *designed* to be a finite series with a beginning, middle and end, and the very first crawl clearly showed that. As do all other trilogies, tetralogies, or any other franchise with a definite ending in mind. With the MCU, all we see is a bunch of individual franchises loosely tied together once per phase in an Avenger party.
And yet here we are talking about Star Wars episodes 7-12 - based on the designer's notes, no less. This idea of finite vs "unlimited" series, especially with the idea of a trilogy being the separator between them is silly. Star Wars is an infinite series of trilogies (so far), as designed, Avengers may very well be the same.

DrCosmic is online now   Reply With Quote