BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: Small Plot Hole in TDKR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
That's flashbacks.
Quote:
Ehhh except it cuts from like 3 seconds on the bomb, to Batman's face, to BOOOOOOOOOM
I'm saying that I think Batman's reaction shot could have been a "gotcha" flashback. It's done in a mysterious, open to interpretation way...that's one possible interpretation. Regardless of when it took place in relation to the bomb's timer, it's our last moment of Bruce in a Bat cowl in the trilogy and it's a reflective one. So it makes emotional sense to show it.

Quote:
Nay. That's bad editing. That scene gets criticism for that even though it's still awesomeness.
Maybe. I've questioned those choices in the past, but I would imagine Nolan and Lee Smith made a conscious decision there and weren't just chopping stuff up willy nilly. As a professional editor myself, I tend to let editors off the hook more because very often a producer/director has a particular reason for wanting things cut a certain way. And I can only imagine how particular Nolan is considering he shoots very economically and isn't a coverage hound, and usually has a very specific intent with each scene.

Also, completely random, but Lee Smith got robbed of an Oscar nomination for Inception.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is online now   Reply With Quote