View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 06:33 AM   #292
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!

Default Re: Casting the DC Universe - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Down View Post
Bale put on 100 lbs. in like 12 months. It's not that hard when you've got good trainers and a work ethic. I'm fairly confident Bale didn't juice, he basically got back to his normal weight then added about 35 lbs. If you look at him in BB, he definitely doesn't have the roided look (super veiny), he looks like he has some body fat (not a gripe at all, btw, just further proof that the dude ate like a beast).
Have you ever done it? I mean since you're telling us it's not that hard. I used to fight competitively and I gained weight to go up a weight class for a while and it is pretty damn hard to put on a substantial amount of weight over a fairly short period.

Bale gained a lot of weight but most of it was fat and he trimmed it off before filming. He didn't add 100lbs of muscle in a year. You couldn't even do that with roids.

When you've dieted and lost weight your body wants to get back to it's natural weight. That happens effortlessly and quickly. So basically he put on 35 pounds in a year and that wasn't all muscle.

Roids don't give you a veiny look. They don't give you any specific look. It's a combination of roids, diet and a specific work out routine that makes you look that way. Even the body builders only look really cut and veiny when they peek for a competition. They don't look like that year round but most of them are on the roids year round.

I'm not sure if Bale had any help putting on his weight but in reality he didn't gain that much muscle. Typically 10 -15 pounds is a tough goal for a years time but some poeple blessed with an endomorphic physic and having the perfect work out routine and diet right from the beggining could add more.