View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #763
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
It depends on the kid. I know when I showed the first X-men film to my little brother (he was around 6 or 7 at the time) it actually scared him a bit. And I remember when I was 7 I was in love with Jurassic Park. So kids definitely have a different thresh hold for fantasy violence. I could see how that scene in X2 could freak some kids out.

However, I was a few days away from 14 when X2 came out and I remember having a huge nerdgasm when Wolverine finally went Beserk. It's the closest we've seen to him really letting lose in the films so far.
It always depends on the kid. Some kids have no problem with the violence, others get bothered by it. In my friend's case, he knew it would upset his son at the time, so he didn't take him. He did love the movie, he just didn't think his son was ready for it. I'm sure he's seen it by now.

When I was 7, the Nazis-melting scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark scared the crap out of me (I saw it in the theater). Today that's one of my favorite movies. Actually, I was fine with it by the time it was on cable.