View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #40
Fudgie
Banned User

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Wow.

Just wow.....glorious comeback there
That's how I roll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker1524 View Post
Only problem I've had with rises is that I felt it held back just a little too much because of the full circle rule.... The film had a setting and momentum to do something different... Other than the ending which was risky.... I felt Nolan played this movie very safely by going over similar plot points from bb and basically tying up loose ends from bb that honestly didn't need anymore explanation...... As much as I loved the movie... There is alot I would have changed and left out... I know I and many others would have loved this movie even more if it had gone a different route
Yup. Nolan was playing it safe, rehashing crap from BB except it didn't even make sense in this flick, and there's a ton of useless crap they could have left out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bane View Post
Just watch the original Insomnia and come back later, Nolan's remake is laughable.
Insomnia is gold compared to Rises for moi. I could watch more than I could Rises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserana View Post
In BB and TDK there were many moments and characters that reflected Gotham that weren't part of the central cast. This was mainly seen in TDK but was also quite a bit in BB we just had random people which expanded the world outside the central characters. In TDKR we never really had that (IMO) for the story we had there was no reflection on how Gotham was coping under Bane. And if Blake was the voice then I'd say Gotham was pretty fine . Blake was just the point of the trilogy personified to me.
Quoted for truth.