View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 11:19 PM   #51
Victarion
Cut

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Timeskip is my only issue. I FINALLY got that Bane's rally speech was given to the prisoners; the montage is what happened after the speech (Yes, I was that slow). So to that end Nolan showed us how Gotham was affected; the ghost town state made sense. I simply would've liked to see more of that throughout the 5 month period.

Using Talia like a fleshed out Osito was an interesting turn of events that worked well to develop Talia and Bane as characters. I would've liked to seen Talia escaping the Pit as material to develop a relationship with Bruce after he escaped the Pit. That would make it an entirely different film, of course. I didn't and don't dislike the film for not going in that direction though.

I felt Nolan succeeded in presenting the Hero with a Dark Mirror without beating the concept over the viewer's head.