View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #68
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
It's the perfect trilogy to me because TDKR was exactly the ending I wanted. What kept me so emotionally involved in the entire story of the trilogy was Bruce and his journey.

At the end of TDK grief had consumed Bruce's life. His parents, Rachel and Harvey: he lost all of them. I wanted to see this pain and grief catch up with him and that's exactly what I got in TDKR. A lot of people hated the first hour but I loved it. I found it so fascinating watching Bruce, a broken man, struggle to get over the trauma in his life and trying to reinsert himself back into the world. To me, the people who complain about not enough Batman failed to get what the trilogy was essentially all about: Bruce.....and I think TDKR did a great job in completing his story.

So yeah, where was I.....in sum, I loved TDKR because it gave me exactly what I wanted so in turn, it is a perfect trilogy for me.

Oh and OP, in future give your own opinion when starting a thread, you don't want people thinking you're a troll now do you?
Agreed. The first half is my favourite part of the film, TDKR is the only film in a franchise where I felt that time had passed in the world. From set details, to the look, to the characters, to the dialogue it felt to me like 8 years had passed in Gotham and that really enhanced the first half of the film.

I also don't understand how people can say that Bruce is only down is because of Rachel. It's almost as if they have skipped TDK yes Rachel is the only one explicitly talked about but there is a lot more to it than that. IMO he didn't just give up Batman, he had no reason to be Batman the Dent act cleared a lot up and Bruce wouldn't have wanted anything to do with a Gotham built on a lie.

I have issues with TDKR but the first hour and in particular the way Bruce is handled was pretty darn near perfect for me (other than the magical leg brace).

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.