View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 10:13 PM   #72
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: Skyfall vs. TDKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator Man View Post
Masterpiece? The third act alone is enough for me to believe TDKR was far from a "masterpiece". Sure it isn't "garbage" like some have called it, but it definitely isn't a masterpiece either.
Agreed. It's got too many flaws for me to call it a masterpiece. It's a good movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
Interesting, because most consider the third act in TDKR to be the strongest third act in the trilogy.

Oddly enough, I prefer TDK's third act, lol.
Seconded. The final clashes with Joker, Batman taking out the SWAT teams to save the hostages, Gordon's family being held hostage by Two Face, and Batman's sacrifice for Gotham are more compelling to me than the chase the bomb finale, Batman's fake death, and "Robin".

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
I was hoping that would be the focus of the thread. I can't think if there have been any other comic films to inspire major changes to outside franchises.
Exactly. A testament to the greatness that is TDK. It really broke some barriers. As Sam Raimi said, it upped the ante for the superhero genre.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote