View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 11:10 PM   #95
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
In TDK Returns, everyone knew Batman served as Gotham's hero for years so when that senior cop sees his return, it makes sense that he would slow down the car, get relieved, and tells his rookie partner he is in for a show. In TDK Rises, every cop other than Gordon thinks Batman is a murderer and not a hero so it makes no sense at all for that cop to have the same reaction as the cop in TDK Returns thus that specific moment of the scene falls apart.
Hey, that's actually a new criticism on my ears, so points for novelty there. Also, points for expressing your opinion in a civil way. I will say though, I didn't see anything wrong with the cop's reaction. We're made to believe that things have been quiet in Gotham. So it's like...woah, watch out kid, sh** is goin' down! Doesn't matter if he's a murderer or not really, he's still Batman and he's still a caped vigilante who does outrageous things with insane technology and has successfully evaded the police in the past. And he's clearly going after the bad guy. The thing is, Gotham was told Batman was a murderer but that doesn't mean they ever really understood it. Blake questions it.

I hear where you're coming from and I understand you were using a small thing to make a larger point, but I just don't see how that scene falls apart at all. Made sense to me.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158