View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 06:09 AM   #114
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Default Re: Matthew Vaughn Is NOT Helming X-Men: First Class Sequel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
It does seem like he just dropped out of FC2 at the drop of a hat to do another movie which doesnt sound anywere near as interesting. Very strange considering FC is his best movie so far. He obviously wasnt as committed to X-Men as we would have liked.
I have said many times here, Vaughn was never interested in the X-Men as a team. He was interested in Magneto and Magneto only. The X-Men, even Charles, were only supporting characters to a Magneto story. And Vaughn was in love with the idea of turning him into Bondneto. Maybe with this new project he'll finally have his childhood dreams fulfilled.

I never read a Vaughn interview in which he talked with enthusiasm about any X-Men member; his only mentions of Charles were that he was "boring", "dull" and "just a teacher in a wheelchair". We know how much Singer loves Wolverine, but at least we never saw him calling the other X-Men "boring". As much as I enjoyed FC, I'll always resent Vaughn for it.

I really hope that Bryan will take some of the excessive focus on Magneto that we saw in FC and allow the X-Men team to shine. I think he knows that there are some amazing actors and characters waiting for this.

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Loganbabe is offline   Reply With Quote