View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 06:36 AM   #116
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Default Re: Matthew Vaughn Is NOT Helming X-Men: First Class Sequel - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganbabe View Post
I have said many times here, Vaughn was never interested in the X-Men as a team. He was interested in Magneto and Magneto only. The X-Men, even Charles, were only supporting characters to a Magneto story. And Vaughn was in love with the idea of turning him into Bondneto. Maybe with this new project he'll finally have his childhood dreams fulfilled.

I never read a Vaughn interview in which he talked with enthusiasm about any X-Men member; his only mentions of Charles were that he was "boring", "dull" and "just a teacher in a wheelchair". We know how much Singer loves Wolverine, but at least we never saw him calling the other X-Men "boring". As much as I enjoyed FC, I'll always resent Vaughn for it.

I really hope that Bryan will take some of the excessive focus on Magneto that we saw in FC and allow the X-Men team to shine. I think he knows that there are some amazing actors and characters waiting for this.
Agreed. I really hope they don't give one character most of the focus. That has been the main flaw in all of these films. In the main series, it was Wolverine. In XM:FC, Magneto. Everyone should have some type to develop as a character, even if some do more than others.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote