View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 10:57 AM   #105
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
I don't buy it. Especially not after he shared such a strong emotional connection with Rachel in the last two movies, comparatively, Selina seems little more than a school-boy crush.
They had the hots for each other and clearly had a mutual respect. There was definitely the potential for love to blossom there, they just needed to get out of Gotham. It's not like Bruce in these films is any sort of expert on love or feelings. His feelings for Rachel were very immature too and based in chidhood. With Selina at least she was accepting of Bruce as Batman. She wasn't scared of that part of him like Rachel was. She wanted to skip town with him and live happily ever. Considering Bruce already has his retirement plan mapped out at that point, why wouldn't he want a lovely lady by his side when there are feelings there on both sides?

I liked the way that they played Bruce and Selina's romance in a subtle way. The whole "we're both scarred and damaged" aspect is there somewhat implicitly, but it didn't need to be re-hashed since it was done so well and memorably in Batman Returns. The thing that spoke volumes to me is immediately after she kicks down his cane and backflips out the window, the very next shot is of Bruce standing right up. Rising. Very symbolic. She's the first thing that awakens some sign of life in Bruce in the film.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158