View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #95
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: Skyfall vs. TDKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I disagree. From what I gather, the twist had plenty of weight to it.....to the general movie going public who had no idea what was coming. The fanboys/fangirls who were spoiled knew it was coming, so of course it would have no weight to them.

Why do you think TDKR was such a positively reviewed film overall and why the word of mouth from the general movie going public was so great?

The majority of the general movie going public loved the ending.
The problem with the Talia twist, apart from those very incriminating pictures of Cottiard in LOS attire being leaked all over the internet nearly a year before the movie's release, was that even if you didn't know the spoiler, Miranda Tate was such an under used character who made little impact in the movie prior to being revealed as Talia. Her very brief scenes with Bruce had no emotional weight to them, and their love scene came out of left field and there was no sexual chemistry between Bale and Cottiard.

Like when Foley died and the camera zoomed in on him, it was like we were supposed to care. But like with Tate, his character was such a dull non entity that there really was no reason to.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote