View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 05:46 PM   #124
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Yes, I do agree that seems very off for any adaption of Batman. If there had been a larger time gap between Begins and TDK then it might not seem so daunting. But then that wouldn't have worked for the story of TDK, where Batman was still a rookie, unprepared for criminals like the Joker, not prepared for the big can of worms his presence in Gotham would open with the copycats, the Joker, the escalation etc.
See from the first two I never got the feeling that this was a Bruce determined to take on being Batman forever. I always thought once he done his job he'd try and move on in TDK he was more than ready to give up the cowl because of Dent. And even at the end of TDK he was willing to give up being Batman for the good of the city of course Rachel's death and Harvey's downfall complicated things to the point where he only believed he had Batman left yet he stopped being Batman as he simply thought he wasn't needed. If Bruce was determined to make this his life work in Begins I don't think he would have given up.

So this makes the time gap easier to swallow as I just saw at Bruce thinking it was the time Batman needed to return.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.