View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 11:58 AM   #981
Deathstroke
Banned User

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
I suppose. I figure he will sort of fit in to the Chris Evans/Chris Hemsworth echelon. Although I imagine that the script for MOS is alot stronger than their respective films. I think that's the thing really. With all of Cavill's previous films/tv stuff has any of the material/surrounding cast actually been stellar? From what I can gather the main problems for Immortals and CLoD stem from other areas and not Cavill. With MOS, he is surrounded by a very strong supporting cast, and what is surely (hopefully) a strong script. It's sink or swim. I hope the other high-calibre talent doesn't carry him through this film. I hope he rises above them all.
I wouldn't bet on that. Early word is that Shannon steals the film, which is really no surprise.

And all Cavill's previous stuff has been 'okay,' nothing stellar or spectacular. Cavill can deliver lines. He's okay when it comes to emoting, even though he was over-the-top ridiculous in CLoD. He meets the bare requirements for the Superman role. It works.

His American accent detracts from his acting slightly though. He comes off as a stronger actor with more range using his normal British speaking style.