View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 08:29 AM   #121
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Default Re: The (potential) Masters of Evil thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I never got the impression at all that Loki and Thanos are equals. Loki was putting a brave face on for The Other, but at the end of their meeting he was sent away in with a painful reminder of the horrors to come should he fail Thanos. And fail he did.

The very fact that Thanos did not deign to dirty his hands with Loki shows that their relationship was one of quite unequal power, no matter how much bravado Loki tried to show when talking to The Other. He may have hatched the plan to conquer Earth, but without Thanos he would never even have been able to come here, much less cause mayhem. Yes, The Other called Loki an "ally," but he was treated like a servant, given orders, threatened and not even allowed near his master's feet to plead his own case. Loki was only tolerated because he was of use to Thanos. And he was quite obviously afraid of the consequences of failure.

Consider the terms of the bargain, as well. Loki was given an army to conquer Earth and claim its imaginary throne, but in return he was going to give Thanos an object that would allow the Titan to rule the entire universe. That was the sort of deal only a fool or someone with pathetically limited vision would enter into. Thanos probably trusted that Loki lacked the wit and insight to realize that the Tesseract could give him ultimate power over all reality, not just the Earth. Loki had the mindset of a lackey, of an inferior, so it was safe for Thanos to use him as a pawn in his plans.
To me the relation ship between Loki and Thanos I akin to the relation between Viserys Targaryen and Khal Drogo in Game of Thrones. Loki and Viserys they think them self equals but are not. Loki's station as an heir and former King to the Asgardian throne gets him access to Thanos but Thanos doesn't think of him as an equal. lol Even Hela in Blood Brothers comic didn't even consider Loki as an true equal. I think she said something like "You are wise to show me curicy Loki Lafyson. We may be monarchs both. But with a touch of my hand I can yet render you a subject."

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 11-11-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote