View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 09:37 AM   #579
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
They are probably gonna abandon Pinewood Studios unless they want to shoot the movie in 2 countries just like with The Wolverine. I don't think casual viewers will care or even notice if the X-Mansion of the 60s X-Men is different so its not gonna hurt the movie. Though I would like to see them use the X-Mansion that they used for X2/X3.

Even though it was kinda cheesey, I liked it. It was cute and funny and it explained why X-Men have codenames.

I think it could work with DOFp's futuristic look. Buildings, sky-scrapers and robots.
Still disagree about the mansion. Too much screentime took place with it in the background, from training to "Rage and Serenity", it's not as easy to brush off. I also like to think that the satellite remains an important symbolic piece.

I can't think of anywhere in Montreal that would serve as a good X-Mansion. If they wanted to use the X2/X3 mansion they'd have to go to the complete opposite side of Canada. At that point they may's well go back to England, it's about the same travel time and cost (Victoria, while lovely, is a pain to get to, even from Vancouver). The X1 mansion is in Oshawa, which is much closer, but then it's one more failed continuity. People WILL notice. People already noticed the difference between X1 and X2 and that was what, 1 establishing shot of the front exterior each? XMFC's mansion was a character all its own, established within the first 10 mins of the movie. Writing it out would be a foolish move.