View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #92
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Alice Krige as.....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
One thing, again they may not set him up the same way as they did in comics, so you may not be as sympathetic. I have a gut feeling that it will wind up being Malekith vs Loki and Thor vs Kurse. No spoilers on that yet, but just my gut instinct of how this story will go, so take with a grain of salt if you want.
It *would* be a way to allow for more magic to be displayed.

Quote:
However, it would be an interesting twist if instead of killing Kurse, Thor somehow gets Kurse to turn good and he winds up being the Dark Elves new leader, leading them into a new more peaceful age. This would be a HUGE accomplishment for Thor (especially in Odin's eyes who would probably rather see Thor learn to solve these types of issues peacefully)
I think that weighs heavily on Odin's mind these days--resolving differences among the realms in more ways than just battle.

Quote:
And lets not forget someone is probably going to have to help Thor defeat this Beyonder/Krige/Tesseract/whatever character that changes Kurse in the first place. That could be what Kurse turns against instead of Malekith here.
Well, in the books (as I understand), The Beyonder finds existence as we know it novel, and is trying out various experiences just to experience them. So he wanders through Thor's world and thinks, "I wonder how a revenge dynamic works". So he changes Algrim and then wanders off, not to be seen again. Presumably he looks in on events at some point to see how it works out with Kurse.

So in that telling of the story, That Which Changed Algrim is not an ongoing threat. But they possibly could make it so in the film. (I don't know if this is something that Surtur or his agent might try to pull off, for example.) It could up the tension, which would be good.

American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote