View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #59
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Default Re: Return of the Jedi Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendAssemble View Post
I agree, but all the parts with Luke are pretty good. I like when he levitates 3PO to get out of being eaten by the Ewoks. It just seemed like exactly what a Jedi would do, use the force and their minds to get out of situation rather than fight. The ending of Jedi is excellent, the beginning is kind of ridiculous (why didn't Luke just go with droids, what was his plan?), and the special edition musical number is AWFUL, ruins the moment, makes you feel like you're in the bar in a Bugs Life not a the evil den of a vile gangster. Like you said the middle drags but it certainly wasn't half as bad as some people say. Much better than any of the prequels at least.
Oh, I still like ROTJ, just not as much as ANH or TESB for the reasons I stated. The Luke thing was clever. And everything between Luke, Vader, & Emperor were great. The musical number expanded I wouldn't mind if they kept Lapti Nek, Sy Snootles didn't mug for the camera, and they didn't add that other lead singer. I did like those backup signers, particularly the Twi'lek.

The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form
Spider-Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote