View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #586
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
Still disagree about the mansion. Too much screentime took place with it in the background, from training to "Rage and Serenity", it's not as easy to brush off. I also like to think that the satellite remains an important symbolic piece.

I can't think of anywhere in Montreal that would serve as a good X-Mansion. If they wanted to use the X2/X3 mansion they'd have to go to the complete opposite side of Canada. At that point they may's well go back to England, it's about the same travel time and cost (Victoria, while lovely, is a pain to get to, even from Vancouver). The X1 mansion is in Oshawa, which is much closer, but then it's one more failed continuity. People WILL notice. People already noticed the difference between X1 and X2 and that was what, 1 establishing shot of the front exterior each? XMFC's mansion was a character all its own, established within the first 10 mins of the movie. Writing it out would be a foolish move.
I personally am not attached to any one specific X-mansion of the films. It could be argued that the mansion in X2/X3 also played a huge part in those films, X2 moreso ("was a character all its own") but they were not too worried about using a whole new set for XMFC.

Even with filming in Montreal I still think LA would be where some of the production would be (post, etc) so I think between doing exterior shots for the X-mansion, sending a second unit crew and having them film at X2/X3 Victoria's Royal Roads University (same Smallville set) would be closer than to England.

Besides from the FC special features IIRC they said they shipped some interior sets from previous films and used those so they have no qualms about shipping sets around and hence little continuity errors. They did decimate the X2 mansion interior set for I, Robot. So they also have no problems with rebuilding sets. However I wouldn't be surprised if they used a whole new X-mansion closer on that side of the country/continent. I'm Canuck but I'm not too familiar with the rest of the country.

Who knows, maybe they actually scouted something in Upstate New York this time!