View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 06:01 PM   #108
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen

Default Re: Create-A-Hero RPG Season IV IC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteMare Shape View Post
Lyger struggles to gain his bearings as the 3 gang members come to a stop in front of him.

"You know what I hate about heroes? They always get in the way...and they never know when to stay down." Said the first, a large bear of a woman who looked as though she could be the starting nose tackle for any professional football team on the planet.

"It's alright luv, I know just how to deal with 'em." Said the meta who had struck him with an electrical blast, as he raises his hand and fires another jolt, which Lyger avoids by diving out of the way.

The electrically powered meta fires off a series of blasts, all of which Lyger avoids by diving and tumbling away from the charges. As Lyger rolls to his feet, the other gang member, a large gearhead looking meta with long greasy hair steps up to meet him. He takes a swing at Lyger, but is met with a swift kick which strikes him on the underside of the jaw, sending broken teeth and blood flying from his mouth, and sends him crashing hard to the ground where he lays motionless.

"Get 'im!" The supercharged meta cries, and as Lyger turns to face the remaining gang members, the large woman charges him. Lyger leaps into the air, avoiding her grasp, but as soon as he lands on the ground, she has already charged him again. This time, he is unable to avoid her, and she grabs him in a bear hig and drives him back first into the security rail of one of the thrill rides.

Lyger struggles to free himself, but as he does so she bears down harder and as she does so, forces the air from his lungs.

"No offense lady...but...you're...just...not...my...type." He groans as he lays back and strikes her with a roundhouse right that staggers her a bit, but does not loosen her grip enough for him to free himself. So he hits her again, and a third time with a shot that forced her to lighten her grip just enough for him to wiggle free.

As Lyger frees himself from the brute of a woman's grip, the electrically charged meta begins again firing electrical blasts at him. However, instead of striking Lyger, he hit his cohort, taking her down. His misfire doesn't phase him, as he just continues sending blast after blast at Lyger, who manages to avoid all of the electrical charges.

"Hold still, damn you." The gang member curses as he sends another series of blasts toward Lyger, who again avoids them.

Lyger charges at the meta, leaps and pounces on him.

"GAAGRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!" He cries out as he is stunned by a bone jarring jolt that leaves him on all fours, gasping for air.

"Oh yeah...about that...see, you can't touch me. Nobody can, that's my curse. 'Course, it worked out just fine for me this time..." He says as he stands over Lyger.

He takes aim, and is about to deal a leathal jolt of electricity to him, when Lyger rolls forward and takes off, jumping and rolling away from yet another series of blasts, as he moves into the rows of game stands that line part of the carnival.

The supercharged meta follows behind him, taking pot shots at Lyger as the hero moves between isles all in an attempt to keep clear of his electric blasts.

After a few minutes, the meta loses sight of Lyger.

"Come on out, you're only makin' it worse for yourself." He says after coming to a stop in front of a row of several dart games, as well as a "water gun racer" game.

"What's wrong? Scared?" The meta taunted.

"No, not scared. But for someone with your skill set, you're not very bright." Lyger said as he popped up from behind the water gun counter and sprayed the electrical meta with one of the game's water guns.

"ARRRRGGGG!!!!!!!!" The gang member cried out as the water shorted him out, causing him to collapse in a heap on the ground.

"Holy crap...it worked." Lyger said in disbelief as the sounds of police and fire sirens grew louder and louder.

With the meta gang down, he slipped away to go back to the stairwell where he could change back into his regular clothes and meet back up with Erin and the others, and just hope that she doesn't ask too many questions.

On his way out to the exit to the school's carnival, Kyle noticed a young man struggling to get out to the parking area where most of the carnival goers had gathered. The young man, who Kyle recognized from some of his classes appeared to be dazed and was staggering forward, barely able to stay on his feet. Kyle jogged up to him and put the student's arm over his shoulder for support.

"Here, I've got you." He said as he helped the student out of the carnival.

Once they reached the parking lot that served as the entrance to the carnival, Kyle helped the student to a pair of medics who were standing near their ambulance assisting people with minor injuries.

He then turned to find Sam, Ronnie and Erin standing behind him, all three wore an expression of relief on their faces.

"Oh Kyle...your head..." Erin said as she pointed to a cut on his forehead just over his left eye.

"It's ok hon, it's just a scratch." He said trying to downplay his injuries.

"What were you thinking? I was so worried." She asked, in in a state between laughter and tears.

"I saw some people who needed some help, sorry babe, I didn't mean to scare you. But let's get out of here, I just want to go home."

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote