View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 12:51 AM   #99
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Alice Krige as.....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
I can see that. Any ideas for getting any big magic battles into the story?

Yeah, it would add some nuance to one of the realms. They're not all just battle foils for the Asgardians.

Here's a recipe to keep in your back pocket, should you ever find yourself backed into a corner like that (there are lots of variants): http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/...ups-57763.aspx
I MAKE THAT FOR HALLOWEEN EVERY YEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Think of it this way, if Malekith is responsible for killing
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Frigga
IF that spoiler is true, then either Loki or Thor WILL be the one to take revenge on and kill Malekith not Kurse. And Loki being who he is, is more likely to take revenge than the hero Thor will be. Plus the fight is going to be really really cool and different from what we've already seen. They need to change that up to keep it interesting. The death of that character goes far FAR deeper and impacts those characters MUCH more than any manipulations that have been done to Algrim/Kurse. They wouldn't necessarily be ignoring that relationship and the manipulations of Malekith, it would just be the end result that is different. Kurse's revenge on Malekith would be then turning good and leading the dark elves into a peaceful age (sort of like Alfyse does, it sounds like), if this hypothesis pans out.

and it wouldnt necessarily mean total redemption for Loki, it is only a gesture that he still cares for his family, and could be seen as a bit of an olive branch I suppose to Thor. It is still revenge though, and that is not usually seen as redemptive. When Lucas first titled Return of the Jedi, it was Revenge of the Jedi, but then it was changed because Jedi are basically a force of good and do not take revenge. It was however, Revenge of the Sith.

The stuff with Surtur or something similar could still happen in Thor 3.

And I wont hold you to the eatin' dirt and taping it thing.

Edit: Note I've reposted this in the Kurse thread in order to try to keep the conversations in the relevant threads.
I know lol. But like I said. Kurse kills malekith. That's the thing. They are both in this movie, you haven't read much of the books, I know. But that is SUCH a big moment for Kurse, I just don't see it ending any other way. We will maybe get a loki vs malekith and thor vs kurse...but kurse will, and should be the one to kill Malekith. Thor at this point has a bit more of an emotional connection to his mother than Loki does at this point I'd say.

But I mean, its kurse and malekith, that's such a big part of malekith's character, I would be dumbfounded if they reduce kurse to simply a brute to fight thor. Especially with the arc this is based off. There is potential for a great story, with multiple character arcs being able to be fulfilled, Kurse's oppritunity is there to go full circle around and complete that character arc. I see no reason for that to change.

But I guess we will just have to agree to disagree...per usual

shocker :P but that is okay, you are one of the few I can disagree with and not feel aggrivated lol