View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 07:46 AM   #95
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
This may sound weird but, I don't know how to tell anyone (that is friends, relatives) about the new Superman movie, I told my cousin about the new Superman movie, and he was not aware of that, then he asked why another Reboot ? Where is Brandon Routh ?

Many people have asked about Routh since then, to many people in US, he may not be popular but some Superman fans outside US still think that he did a good job.

Then there are many who don't like the reboot trend, so it will be a tough for WB to convince many people to go and watch the new take on Superman.

I hope that Nolan's name will be able to draw in the crowds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Yes, and so did all of Nolan's Batman films and Green Lantern. We'll see what happens in the next few weeks...
Superman is definitely the franchise that will have its fair share of hurdles to overcome. Spider-Man had three financially successful films, with the first two having been well received critically, thus it wasn't that hard to sell the GA on going to see a new spider-man film. And ever Marvel Studios film has the Avengers to thank for in helping boosting their popularity as well.

Superman hasn't had a big breakout film in ages and we haven't had anything really big to sell the public on; with most people not even being aware that there's a new one coming out.