View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #48
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: The Mark MILLAR Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungPrime View Post
I think I'll go with what Hugh Jackman was saying initially since he comes off more genuine as opposed to Millar trying to sell us a used car.

Ironman was also a stand alone film as well but Kevin Feige wasn't marketing Tony Stark as Mickey Mouse, Bugs Bunny or anything else.

Plus Marvel had a goal which was to bring them all together in Avengers. What's Fox's goal past 2014?

It's one thing to say you wanna emulate Marvel's format and it's another to actually do it.
The way I interpreted Millar's comments was that The Wolverine is the starting point for Fox's new cinematic universe. That makes sense as it's the first release since they hired Millar, and since Singer mentioned trying to create a Marvel-type shared universe. Millar means that from that point onwards, there will be more thought given to the franchise as a whole. At least that's how I saw it, and it makes sense to me that way.

Quote:
Yeah I was thinking about that earlier... As it stands Marvel might be able to squeeze in a 3rd film per year as success continues to grow. And by Phase 4 they could do as many as 4 films per year:

-A Feb/March release for their low key character ala Ghost Ridder (only better quality) such as Luck Cage, Dr. Strange or even a Blade reboot. A Daredevil reboot would be worthy of an April release.
-A May release for their flag ship characters like Ironman or Avengers
-A July/Aug release for already established Avengers members like Cap and Thor sequels.
-A Nov release for newer character in the 75-100 mill budget range like Black Panther, Inhumans
Possible, though I think Inhumans will be more expensive (the number of characters, the special FX, etc).

Quote:
Granted this is wishful thinking, as it stands now I'd rather wait for a quality Comic book adaptation vs a rushed disappointment. And last I counted, Fox has only one decent film in 7 years.
Well, the box office and critics will be the judge, so Fox knows it has to deliver the goods. Standards are higher than ever. And the pressure to deliver success is also higher than ever, because of this economy and because of the possibilities shown by the Dark Knight and Avengers franchises. If Fox fails to deliver, then it will be a victim of that failure. So let's see what it can come up with.