View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #49
YoungPrime
Banned User

Default Re: The Mark MILLAR Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
The way I interpreted Millar's comments was that The Wolverine is the starting point for Fox's new cinematic universe. That makes sense as it's the first release since they hired Millar, and since Singer mentioned trying to create a Marvel-type shared universe. Millar means that from that point onwards, there will be more thought given to the franchise as a whole. At least that's how I saw it, and it makes sense to me that way.

Possible, though I think Inhumans will be more expensive (the number of characters, the special FX, etc).

Well, the box office and critics will be the judge, so Fox knows it has to deliver the goods. Standards are higher than ever. And the pressure to deliver success is also higher than ever, because of this economy and because of the possibilities shown by the Dark Knight and Avengers franchises. If Fox fails to deliver, then it will be a victim of that failure. So let's see what it can come up with.
True but none of this is etched in stone, it could easily be a late July or early Aug release instead or even a early to mid June release with a 130 budget. I see this franchise and can help but to think of Clive Barker's "Night Breed" film. So that could be their motivation.

You might be right about Millar's Wolverine's Mickey Mouse/Ironman plan. Either way I'm really exited to see how things with Fox Marvel turn out.

....One way or another.

Last edited by YoungPrime; 11-12-2012 at 08:13 PM.
YoungPrime is offline   Reply With Quote