View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 04:56 PM   #67
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: The Mark MILLAR Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
X-Men a product of radiation??
They were called Children of the Atom in the comics, and that was also mentioned in First Class. Atom = atomic energy. Xavier theorises in First Class (when speaking to the CIA) that the rising use of nuclear power has led to many more superpowered mutants emerging. There's also been mention of it in the comics. That's because radiation is a known mutagenic agent. Not the only cause, but nonethless a cause. Some mutations are spontaneous, some are triggered by external factors like radiation, chemicals, viruses. In the comics, Beast progressed to his furry blue state when he discovered the 'chemical cause' of mutation. Xavier mentioned in the comics that his parents worked on the first atom bomb project, hinting at radiation playing a part.

Quote:
See now if you have to change all that just so it'll make sense/fit in the X-Men only universe it'll take the team out of character because in the comics they were celebrities from the beginning. Hence why I'm against the shared FF/X-Men universe without the rest of the MCU. X-Men makes more sense to exist in the universe on their own where the only super powered beings are genetic mutants and no modified mutates.
Well, we don't know if/when/how the X-Men and F4 will cross over in the films. I doubt it will be for a long time. We'll have to wait and see what they come up with.

Quote:
True but that only would need to be addressed if Marvel were to get the rights back to the X-Men (Which will never happen) and I'm sure this version of DOFP will be the eliminating of X-Gene mutants only..
Maybe. We don't yet know what will be in the big-screen version of DoFP.

Quote:
On a side note on Franklin is that the only reason he's classified as a Mutants cause he was born with powers. But he was not born with the X-Gene as other mutants as his powers derive from his parents cosmic radiation exposure. So in reality he's really not a mutant, though if the definition is "born with powers" then he is. He has cosmically mutated genes.
Franklin is a mutant. There's no technically, in reality, ifs and buts.

The comic book separation of mutants and mutates is scientifically dubious anyway. Hulk's DNA has obviously been mutated. But since he wasn't born with it, they call him a 'mutate' not a mutant.

Anyway, for whatever reason, Franklin is a mutant.

Quote:
I look at them like this. Say you have a prejudice against African- Americans that they are Criminal, drug dealing, gun toting, Thugs and listen to rap music. So, then you meet one that doesn't fit those descriptions. Has a good corporate job, Nice family, and listens to classical music.. They'll tend to justify that African American as I still have prejudice but he/she aren't like the rest of them. He/she is OK. So once Beast,Scarlet Witch,Quicksilver joined the Avengers they were considered the OK mutants and not like the others. Its stupid but that is based on normal, but ignorant human behavior
Well, we will have to see how it all plays out on the big screen. At this moment, I can't see Fox giving up F4. It's up to them to figure out what works and doesn't. I guess that's part of the reason Millar is on board, to figure out if/how/when the two teams could appear together on screen.