View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 05:30 PM   #427
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I can't imagine what kind of Batman related activities he was doing in Gotham where nobody could report a sighting of him. Unless he was not apprehending any criminals. Which begs the question what was he doing that required him to suit up as Batman but not go and stop crime?
Well, you've mentioned before that the mob element wouldn't likely just disappear entirely immediately after the events of TDK. If we're being imaginative, maybe he used his "mob murderer" reputation to scare off any remaining mobsters who were trying to re-build and fill the power vacuum. Those aren't the types who'd file a police report after an encounter with The Batman. And that's the type of work he could do without making a big show with Bat-pods and Tumblers. I'm just saying, I think there's an interesting story that could told there about how Batman's career slowly winded down prior to the Dent Act being signed. There's a decent amount of time to play with if you figure that a legislation like that couldn't be written overnight, never mind passed.

It'd be a pretty melancholy type of story, one where you'd really need to be in Bruce's head. Perfect for a comic, honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
That doesn't mean what he was doing down there he was doing as Batman. For instance in this very scene you quoted he's using the Batcave and he's not Batman.
To me, if Bruce is down in the cave, doing surveillance on Gotham...even if he's not in the suit, that's still having one foot in the door. Even if Bruce is just keeping an eye on things from that shadows for a while as things slowly get better in Gotham, that's still being a "watchful protector". It's pre-retirement.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote