View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 11:46 PM   #332
Fudgie
Banned User

Default Re: TDKR Oscar Chances? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I think it's important to keep in mind that even though the fan reaction to TDK felt more unanimous, there were haters from the start. Websites created to compile all the so-called flaws and plot holes. http://www.thedarkknightsucks.com/
Every flick gets haters. No such thing as a movie without them. Thing is they are minorities with the great movies like TDK.

Not with Rises though. Rises caused a divide.

Quote:
Yes, with TDKR the fanbase is more all over the place with their feelings, but I think we always knew this would be the case. Once we knew they were ending the Batman story with this film, it was a very clear possibility that this story was going to go in directions that some fans wouldn't be comfortable with. I wasn't really surprised at all with the divisive reactions to this film.

Granted, I understand many of the issues people have are with execution as well. I just think the whole 8 year gap thing really set a lot of people off on the wrong foot with this movie, I really do.
Nah, it had nothing to do with it being an ending. We knew it was gonna be a trilogy and an ending was coming. Batman retiring at the end is probably the least complained thing about the flick. It's the rest of the crap that makes up the movie that gets the aggro. And no critic rating is gonna change that.